100% of ALL Icom radios are produced only at our factories in Japan
Icom has its own manufacturing facilities only in Japan. We have NO Icom factories outside Japan. (The only Icom products that might be produced outside our factories in Japan are certain accessories produced by Icom approved manufacturers.) You can rely on durable and high performance operation for a long time without having to frequently replace your radios.
Icom radios marked " Made in China" or made in another country are 100% fake.
* Accessories such as batteries, chargers, microphones and other items can be made in other countries.
Genuine vs Counterfeit
Although the prices of counterfeit products are less than genuine products, counterfeit products have the following disadvantages and risks compared to genuine Icom products.
- No support from Icom as the products are not Icom products.
- Much shorter product life (You need to replace the radios more often).
- Shorter communication range (Which means your voice may not reach as far as you expected).
- Lower sensitivity (Which means you may not hear a signal).
- Shorter battery life (Which means you must change or recharge your battery often).
- Risk of leakage, fire or explosion of the battery.
- Not as rugged as a genuine Icom radio. It may easily break if you drop it.
- Lower performance at high or low temperatures or in severe environments.
- The display has a narrower viewing angle (Which means the characters on the display are vague).
Normally counterfeit products are not type approved. You might be penalized or your products can be confiscated under your country´s law.
What should you do if you think you have been sold or offered counterfeit Icom products
If you suspect that you have been offered or sold counterfeit Icom products, we ask that you contact your local distributor in your country immediately. You can find our authorized distributor at the following web site. They can also introduce reliable suppliers close to your location. http://www.icom.co.jp/world/support/contact/ In case you can not contact an authorized distributor in your country, contact us directly at: firstname.lastname@example.org
What is the Icom policy regarding counterfeit products and their suppliers
We have taken legal actions against counterfeit manufacturers, importers and suppliers in many countries. In addition to legal action, we continuously update counterfeit product information and educate custom authorities, dealers and end-users to distinguish between genuine and counterfeit products, until the counterfeit products are removed from the market. We are making our best efforts to eliminate fake products from the market. If you find fake radio manufacturers or suppliers, please contact your local distributor or Icom directly. We appreciate your cooperation and support for Icom.Previous