- DV Fast Data is now supported.
- The Near Repeater Search function is improved.
- Tone squelch (TSQL) is now supported when using FM repeaters in the DR function.
- The [TONE] FUNC key is now displayed when using FM repeaters in the DR function. (Only ID-5100E)
- A “to me: Alarm/High Tone” option is added in the Standby Beep function, and is set as the default.
- The RX History screen default is changed from call signs to names.
- The RX History screen setting is now stored.
- A function is added in the DV mode to display the distance that is in the recorded audio files, between you and the other stations.
- A GPS Record Sentence option is added in GPS Logger.
- An External GPS option is added to GPS Select in GPS Setting to support an external GPS input from the DATA jack.
- The Save and Load speed of icf setting files and CSV repeater list files to/from an SD card is faster.
- Beep tones sound when pushing the headset PTT on a non-Icom Bluetooth headset.
For more information, please refer to "ID-5100A/ID-5100E Firmware update information– Release E2"
- An OPC-2350LU, OPC-1529R or OPC-2218LU is required to install the firmware update. To use the OPC-2218LU for the first time, a USB driver is required. Download the driver here.
- Before downloading, please thoroughly read “Firmware update instructions (here)” to know what the update requires.
- CAUTION: You MUST first save your transceiver's data onto an SD card or to your PC using the CS-5100 cloning software. ALL the transceiver's data will be erased during the update.
- Never turn OFF the equipment power or disconnect the data communication cable during the update.
The following firmware have been updated:
•CPU M to Version 1.10
•CPU C to Version 1.10
•DSP to Version 1.10
Regarding this Download Service.
When using this download service, the implementation, use and/or results of use are the sole responsibility of the person making the download.
Firmware is important data for the basic system control of your equipment. An interruption during downloading or a malfunction may cause a failure in the data re-writing, and your equipment may stop functioning normally. If such a failure of the firmware re-writing results in your equipment not functioning normally, Icom Inc. expressly denies and is free from any and all responsibility arising from the result of damage from such an event.
I fully understand the above, and agree not to hold Icom Inc. responsible for any damage to my equipment operation or loss of data as a result of this download.